This super simple DIY Vinyl and Glass Sign is going to knock you off your feet! Not only is it easy, but with minimal supplies as well. Easy gift idea too!
I have to admit… I’m pretty stinking exciting about sharing this post with you today! You know why? Because it has got to be the easiest DIY project… EVER. Seriously.
I know you already have a random and leftover picture frame lying around somewhere. Right?
And if you’re reading this post I’m guessing you already know how much I love to use my Silhouette CAMEO and vinyl stencils so you probably already have one (or you’re thinking about getting one–do it!
I promise you won’t regret it!). Which means, my friends, you have everything you need to make a brand new DIY Vinyl and Glass Sign.
I know, I know. I just saved your next holiday gift giving dilemma. Make. This. Sign! 😉
- 1 – Picture Frame with Glass (or any glass piece for that matter–get creative!)
- Silhouette CAMEO and Mat
- But First Coffee Project Template
- Transfer Tape
- Squeegee (or a Credit Card)
- Super Glue
- For this project you will simply be adding vinyl text to the glass or plexiglass piece of your frame.
- First, remove any backing from your frame. All you’ll need is the glass piece and the actual frame.
- Superglue your glass piece to your frame and let it dry.
- Then, using your Silhouette CAMEO (check out this tutorial if you need assistance with this step) cut out the project template with the vinyl on your mat.
- Remove the vinyl from your mat, and apply your transfer tape.
- Now, remove the backing from your vinyl, and carefully take out the vinyl pieces of your design that you will not need. TIP: this will be everything except your text.
- Once you have removed all your vinyl pieces it is now time to apply your stencil to your glass piece. Line up your vinyl with your frame so it will be applied evenly, and using your squeegee firmly push it down.
- Next, slowly remove your transfer tape so that only your vinyl is left on your board.
- Add hangers, and enjoy this beauty!
Looking for more DIY sign inspiration?
- Tips and Tricks for Making Reclaimed Wood Signs
- DIY Love You Wood Sign
- DIY Spring Flowers Wood Sign Plus Video
Super Simple But First Coffee DIY Vinyl and Glass Sign
Wasn’t that easy? You know me. I’m all about the pretty projects that will take me very little time to do, very inexpensive, but still can be used in your home or even as a gift. Let’s be honest though, there’s really no other reason you should be doing a project like this if it wasn’t for those reasons, right?!
Don’t forget, if you loved this project then I’m going to HIGHLY recommend you checking out my new eBook, The Ultimate Guide to Making Your Own Signs. It’s full of countless sign techniques, templates, and videos (depending on the package you pick, and I just know you’re going to L-O-V-E it!!
See you soon,