Well helloooooo, friends 🙂
I have a very exciting announcement for today’s post!
I have teamed up yet again with the amazing crew over at Wayfair, but this time it is for their Pie Bake Off! Can we say yummmm?
Not to mention, I choose a very special recipe. It’s my mom’s ridiculously delicious and homemade strawberry rhubarb pie! It has always been a favorite of mine (and pretty much anybody who has every tasted it!). Plus, I just so happened to be back home in Indiana so I was able to create this beauty with my mother just like good ol’ times.
I’m sure she’s chuckling at this point. She is by far the better baker 😉
So, let’s get started!
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Pastry for 9-inch two-crust pie
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups rhubarb
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut your strawberries and rhubarb into small pieces. I used fresh strawberries, but half frozen and half fresh rhubarb.
3. Mix your cinnamon, sugar, and flour together in a bowl.
4. Add your strawberries and rhubarb to your sugar/flour mixture.
5. Put one of your pastry pie crusts into a pie pan, and add your mixture into it.
6. Cut your 2 tablespoons of butter into three slices and evenly distribute onto your mixture.
7. Cover with top crust and add a few slits.
TIP: Cover the edge with 2 to 3 inch strips of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.
8. Bake 40-50 minutes or until crust is brown and the juice starts to bubble through the slits of your crust.
Apparently… our pie got a little excited! No matter. It’ll still be good eating! 🙂
Wasn’t that easy?! And you won’t believe how yummy it is as well!
Thanks a million for joining me, and don’t forget to Pin, Tweet, Facebook, or whatever you prefer to get this baby out there!
For a virtual pie cookbook of recipes, here are some more of the #WayfairPieBakeOff Recipes.Apple Pie Cookies from Miss Information | Coconut Cream Turtle Pie from Busy at Home | Caramel Pecan Pie from Christina Williams | Double Chocolate Cream Pie from Fearlessly Creative Mammas | Favorite Pecan Pie from Graceful Order | Apple Pie in a Bag from House of Tubers | Cast Iron Apple Pie from Polish My Crown | Chocolate Mousse Pie from Simply Darrling | Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie from Staying Close to Home | Strawberry Rhubarb Pie from The Summer Umbrella | Super Easy Apple Pie Bites from 100 Directions | Grandma’s Famous Raspberry Pie from Bright Green Door | Epic German Chocolate Pie from Designer Trapped | Easy Chicken Pot Pie from My Creative Days | Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pudding Pie from Rad Mom Cool Kids | Caramel Apple Crumb Pie from Simply Nicole | Chocolate Salted Honey Pie from Table and Hearth| Chicken Pot Pie with a Sharp Cheddar Pie Crust from The Thome Home | Granny’s Puff Pastry Apple Pie from Wife in Progress Blog | Sugar Cream Pie from Wit, Wisdom and Food | Smores Pumpkin Pie from Legal Miss Sunshine | Caramel Apple Pie from Holy Craft | Apple Butter Pie from Chase the Star | Chocolate Pecan Pie from The Dempster Log Book