Do you love Post-it Notes? You know, the colorful, multi-sized, sticky paper that sticks to everything?
On a good “creative” day my entire desk will be full of them! I tend to have a lot of ideas… all. the. time. I never go anywhere without a piece of paper and a pen or pencil just in case I find myself in a situation where I need to sketch something out.
However, there is a slight downside to this method that I have. Sometimes my sticky notes will go missing, or I’ll even forget which ones I need to prioritize.
Now, don’t get me wrong. I still loveeeee sticky notes however, about once a week I now write them on my accent chalkboard wall to ensure that my priorities are kept in full sight at all times. Thus, keeping my desktop cleaner and the clutter to a minimum. This post contains some affiliate links. Please click here to read my full disclosure policy.
How to Declutter Your Office
Creating an accent chalkboard wall is as easy as pie! All you need to do is:
1. Pick a wall (or even a section of your wall) to use in your home or office
2. Using painter’s tape, go ahead and tape off any areas you do not want to get chalkboard paint on. (for instance: ceilings, windows, etc.)
3. Paint it up! You can find chalkboard paint at a variety of stores, but my favorite is the Valspar edition from Lowe’s, and then I use a small foam roller. It works like a dream!
4. Then, wait 24 hours prior to use.
5. I highly recommend “priming” your chalkboard prior to writing on it. You can do this by turning your chalk onto its side, and then dragging it up or down all over your board.
6. Last, wipe it all off with a cloth.
7.) You’re now ready to organize your thoughts, ideas, and inspiration any which way that you would like!
Plus, who can resist using sidewalk chalk colors like this humongous pack of Crayola 24 Count Sidewalk Chalk?
Pstt… need more organizing inspiration? Check out some of ideas!