DIY mason jar succulents are incredibly easy to make. All you need is a few simple supplies, and you too can have a beautiful arrangement in minutes!
DIY Mason Jar Succulents
- First, find a lovely assistant. Check, got one! Next, find a shovel and your mason jars. Check, check.
- Obtain dirt and sand, and mix it up 50/50.
- We used such a small bucket that we had to use a spoon! Oh well, at least my mini me (Ms. Ava) had a blast!
- Then, add rocks to the bottom of each mason jar. We are very resourceful. We used the ones around our old house.
- Next, add shells. We had recently been to the beach so no problem here!
- Last, add your dirt and sand mixture to the top, and plant one succulent in each jar.
- Add a little bit of twine to spice it up.
Originally, I put all of these cuttings into a few of our reclaimed planter boxes, but soon realized that a couple of these succulents would be taking over if I didn’t transfer them into their own happy environment.
Looking for more DIY succulent projects?
Let’s be Social
This post was originally created in July 2014 and then updated in August 2020.