Hey there 🙂
Are you having trouble with brittle hair or split ends? Does your hair seem too dry or too oily? Well, I have been dying to share with you how to get healthy and happy hair! I have always been one to buy salon products for my hair because, let’s face it, they are just better for you hair and they actually work!
Plus, I have a ton of fine hair which makes it tangle all around itself into knots; I’ve been struggling with having to cut out “rat’s nests” from my hair since I was a child. Over the years, I have learned some tips to keep my hair happy and healthy.
1. STOP brushing so much!! Use combs or picks instead of brushes (although, I did find a “wet brush” that works with fine, tangled, WET hair).
2. Use bands that do not have that little metal piece on them to tie up your hair. NEVER use rubber bands.
3. Change your hair care regiment to products that are natural. I switched to Pureology and it changed my hair totally! The products are vegan, I can wash my hair less and the color (highlights) last longer! My hair is: a) thicker b) shinier c) longer d) has less breakage. Personally, I am a HUGE fan of the Pureology Hydrate Shampoo 8.5oz and Hydrate Conditioner 8.5 oz duo or Pureology Perfect 4 Platinum Shampoo (8.5 oz) and Hair Condition (8.5 oz) DUO.
4. Wash less to preserve the health and thickness of your hair and prevent hair loss. Pureology products are more concentrated so you get to use less products and it cleans your hair thoroughly so you can actually wash less. The less you wash, the better it is for your hair. Too much washing damages your hair.
5. Consume more iron. If your diet doesn’t have enough iron, it could cause hair loss. I know you don’t want that!
6. Let your hair air dry when you can; less heat prevents damage. For example, during the summer, I let my hair air dry at least 3 times a week and I skip using a straightener or curling iron every day.
7. Protein in your diet also promotes hair growth and healthy hair, therefore, make sure you are eating enough protein!!
8. Get regular trims. Hair that is trimmed regularly is less likely to become brittle with split ends. I know you are thinking … wait, I have to get my hair cut more for it to grow more?! The answer is YES!
9. Taking some sort of all natural hair, skin, and nail vitamin can also promote hair growth and thicker, shinier hair. Just remember: it promotes hair growth all over your body … not just your head. 🙂
I would love to hear your stories and any hair tips you might have to share that can help me and others! Enjoy the summer and let your hair go naturally wild!
P.S. Have you seen these other helpful and healthy tips?