Contribute to The Summery Umbrella
Well hello, my Summery friend!
As you’ve probably already come to the conclusion (because you’re smart like that!)… I am now accepting contributed content.
Let me be honest though. I did not come to the decision on a whim or very lightly. I have been mulling over this idea for the past year now (besides obviously the AMAZING posts done by my BFF, Danielle), and have realized that there are soooo many truly talented and creative people within the blogosphere.
And you know what?
I want to bring my readers the best content and inspiration possible, and I know with your help there’s nothing stopping this blog from being short of truly incredible!
Our Vision Statement at The Summery Umbrella is that we believe that life doesn’t have to be complicated. Simplicity is best, and is a journey all in itself. We want to encourage the doubtful, inspire the creative, motivate the dreamers, and pour the drinks that will keep all of our glasses half full.
So, with that being said, I will be accepting content ideas on a post by post basis that fit within the vibe of this blog. No commitments involved! You are more than welcome to send me a post idea tomorrow, and then your next one can be in six months. No biggie!
Here are the topics I am interested in:
- Decorating (Tips & Tricks, Inspiration, How to, Selecting Color, Organization)
- Home Improvement (Before & Afters, Do-It-Yourself, Remodeling Inspiration)
- Entertaining (Birthdays, Holidays, and Wedding Decor)
This is what I require of you:
- All posts must be original content created by you. No ifs, ands, or buts about this one!
- HOWEVER, after your post has been published on The Summery Umbrella Blog you are more than welcome to use a highly edited version of this post on your own blog three months later.
- Please keep in mind that Google does NOT like duplicate content. Republishing the same article elsewhere will only hurt all sites involved!
- On the day your post is published on The Summery Umbrella Blog, you can share one photo, a brief description, and then linking back to TSU Blog on your own blog for your readers.
- Be professionally written and easy to understand with a minimum of 300 words.
- Includes high quality and clear photography. We believe in blogging with integrity and will only accept photos you’ve created yourself. Each post must include at least 3 images:
- 750 x 750 px square featured photo without text. (This is the graphic that goes in the RSS feed, on the home page and on the category pages.
- 750 width x 1125 height OR 750 width x 500 height px for the remaining photos for your post
- 750 x 1125 vertical graphic for the Pinterest photo (I like to keep my Pinterest images consistent so I will put the text on all images).
- All photos can include a discreet watermark with your blog/brand.
- Use your creativity! Nobody likes seeing the same topic/post over and over again. Think outside the box.
How to Submit Content
- Email [email protected] with a short pitch of your ideas for a post, tell me who you are, and what you do.
- Please include in your email subject line your pitch idea for your post. For example, “15 Ways to Decorate with Patterns in Your Home”.
- I highly recommend that you send a completed draft post if at all possible.
- Make sure to also include needed photographs, and follow the photography guidelines above.
- Also, please do not advertise for any particular product, service, or website. However, I completely understand if you mention what item(s) you did use. For example, if you purchased your new duvet from the Pottery Barn.
- While I may add affiliate links within your post I would prefer posts that are not advertising solely for a brand. If you’re looking for advertising, please contact me in a separate email, and we can discuss pricing. Please click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- If approved, I’ll contact you in seven days or less :)
- Once your post has been approved it may take up to 30 days to publish depending on the current blog schedule.
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all interested and for future submittals.
Can’t wait to meet you, and thanks again!