DIY Branch Ladder
For this next part I will be braiding the three pieces of wire together. You can use an assistant to help, but I found that if I held the wire pieces with my left hand and used my right hand for twisting, it worked out just fine.
No need to put a knot in the wire since it stays together very nicely. Then, you can either put the wire braid above or below the branches. Either way works (I tried both), and just bend the wire around the branches. Once they have been bent over a simple twist around the other side is all you need to ensure it stays.
Your end result will look something like this. If you’re worried about the potentially sharp edges of the wire twist them back into the braid so they are not seen, and this should also help with providing a little more protection from the ends.
Last, repeat the wire braid process a few times, or lots of time. The beauty of this ladder is that you can create as many or as little of the wire rungs as you would like.
See how simple that was?!?
- Hang holiday decorations off of the rungs
- Hang pictures
- Add a burlap banner
- Twist artificial plants around it
- Use it in the garden and have real plants twist around it
- Hang it on the wall
- Use it as a focal point on a high shelf or cabinet
- Put it in your bathroom and hang your “fancy” towels off it
- Hang your kid’s artwork with clothespins on it
- Use it outside by your front door in a large pot
And here’s what I use mine for now! A few picture frames, ribbon, and my handy dandy staple gun.